Re: Fedora 10 Installation: Hangs at *Disabling IRQ #9*

Tim wrote:

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 20:11 -0400, Yang Yang Hu wrote:

The live CD doesn't work. Instead, at boot, I get *irq 9: nobody
cared* and the boot screen recommends I try booting with the *irqpoll*
parameter. But how do I pass this parameter?

You append it to the kernel line. On a live or installed system, that
would be through grub.

I must be misunderstanding the OP, or else the answer.

I thought that if you put in a Live CD, and re-start the machine,
it just boots into Fedora.
How does grub come into it?

--
Timothy Murphy