Re: yum upgrade Fedora Core 5 -> Fedora Core 10?
- From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 22:46:14 +0200
This should normally not be that difficult as CentOS 5 is based on FC6
You should grab the release rpm package, and replace manually, then you
can yum update to CentOS 5
But some FC5 updates are newer than what CentOS 5 ships,
breaking "upgrades". (For example, KDE is 3.5.5 in FC5 updates, 3.5.4 in
CentOS 5, the kernel is 2.6.20 in FC5 updates, 2.6.18 (with tons of
backports, but still "older" to RPM) in CentOS 5.)
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
- Prev by Date: Re: Spin request (I guess)
- Next by Date: Re: yum upgrade Fedora Core 5 -> Fedora Core 10?
- Previous by thread: Re: yum upgrade Fedora Core 5 -> Fedora Core 10?
- Next by thread: Re: yum upgrade Fedora Core 5 -> Fedora Core 10?