Re: hardware for fedora

g wrote:
Stuart McGraw wrote:

Does any one have any hardware "recipes" like this (or a pointer to a web site with some?) Thanks.

where else but, http://linuxhardware.org/.

have a look along right hand side of page;
'Latest Forum Posts', and 'Topics'.

My bad. I'd seen that, but thought from the title
it was a processor (only) comparison and hadn't
read it. The article was indeed the kind of thing I am looking for. However, it is more than two years
(I don't think the HP wx8400 is available any more)
and I would prefer info that is more current. I didn't
see any similar info on the site that was newer (but
I am still looking).

Also, the review tested with Gentoo. I'm obviously
interested in Fedora. Can I assume that any system
that runs ok with some other distro will also run
ok with Fedora?

along center of page;
'Latest Forum Posts'

and 3/4 down center;
'Misc. Hardware Reviews'

All I saw there was reviews of individual components.
What I would would like to find is a full list of
components that someone actually used to build a
machine with, along with a statement that they had no problems installing and running a recent version of Fedora on it.

It seems that current Fedora compatible hardware
recommendations are pretty scarce. This is not
very helpful to Fedora I think since I can buy
prebuilt and tested systems with Unbuntu on them.
(e.g. http://www.eightvirtues.com).

what ever you decide on, cyoa, get a power supply that is at least
100 watts over what you calculate you will need.

also, add at least 2 additional fans to be on safe side. type that
are variable speed, temperature controlled.

Good advice, thanks.

  • Re: web traffic analizer
    ... Mike Rambour wrote: I am looking for something that can run on my web server and give me information on my web traffic in real time, preferably a GUI but could be textual. ... I would LOVE to have it go down to what web pages are open but that might be too much of a performance hit. ... This is a small web site that gets about 200 hits a day sitting on 2.8ghz pc and a gig of ram with Fedora Core 2 so I assume it could handle a graphic application giving me that info. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Web development on FC1
    ... den 16.02.2004 schrieb Jacques Escape um 14:10: ... > I'm going to develop a few web site from FC and I'm looking for a good WYSIWYG tool like DreamWeaver to do this. ... A Fedora package is available in the stable branch of fedora.us and on ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Scanner recommendations needed
    ... that's what I get when I try to use the Artisan on ... fedora. ... scanners on the sane web site and searched for each one ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Scanner recommendations needed
    ... fedora. ... to get high resolution dies sometime during the process, ... scanners on the sane web site and searched for each one ...
    (Fedora)
  • Web development on FC1
    ... I'm going to develop a few web site from FC and I'm looking for a good WYSIWYG tool like DreamWeaver to do this. ... What does the Fedora community recommend? ... Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.linuxmail.org ...
    (Fedora)