Re: pulseaudio - WOW

Uh, I don't use pulseaudio at all, just alsa, and I can run
audacious,
vlc and mplayer simultaneously and hear all of them. Of
course, I can't
set the volume of each individually, but why would I want
to do this in
the first place.

Most recent (last 10 years) sound hardware has a hardware
mixer. You
don't need a software layer to make it work.

But the developers give it to you for FREE*, even though you might not be interested in it? and it may not work for you, but will still get it whether you want to or not? Nah, I am just answering for the FUN OF IT :)
hope no one is offended, just trying to have a bit of fun here!

BTW,
I don't know why but *it seems to me* that Fedora will jump to kernel 2.6.31 as soon as it is released. Just yesterday 2.6.30.4 was released and I have it installed learning the patching process and applying it. Why do I believe that Fedora will jump to 2.6.31?, since on rawhide 2.6.31.rc kernels are being run, and also that Fedora skipped 2.6.28 kernels altogether and jumped to 2.6.29.X kernels :)

I apologize in advance for the (BTW), but since I know that John runs latest kernels and I am kind of following this trend. It does feel strange not to be running an official Fedora kernel, but Fedora is staying behind, for [1], [2], [3]? reasons. Also while on this topic, will Fedora 12 move to gcc 4.5 snapshots since gcc has been bumped to 4.4.1?

Regards,

Antonio

[1] the hack that defeated selinux and other security problems with null pointers
[2] too many features are present in 2.6.30 that might break systems so developers are playing it safe
[3] will jump to 2.6.31 kernels because those are being tested via rawhide and new features introduced that it would be safe to jump this way?

  • Re: the older I get in this sport-/now Advice & Wisdom
    ... Yeah well their missing a lot of fun, serves them right THE ONE WAY ... C'mon Jinnie - rhetoric ... Yeah yer a newbie alright, mussta showed up at FJC with that skygod ... You pay for that final jump, ...
    (rec.skydiving)
  • Re: the older I get in this sport-/now Advice & Wisdom
    ... Yeah well their missing a lot of fun, serves them right THE ONE WAY ... You pay for that final jump, ... and point fingers at each other ... AND the same principle works on wreck...look at the bad sheep that have ...
    (rec.skydiving)
  • Re: the older I get in this sport-/now Advice & Wisdom
    ... Yeah well their missing a lot of fun, serves them right THE ONE WAY ... mussta showed up at FJC with that skygod ... You pay for that final jump, ... To fine tune their formation ...
    (rec.skydiving)
  • Re: the older I get in this sport-/now Advice & Wisdom
    ... Yeah well their missing a lot of fun, serves them right THE ONE WAY ... AKA - they moved on to jumping with other people (thus earning the ... jumpers looking to be organized come over to that designate. ... You pay for that final jump, ...
    (rec.skydiving)
  • Re: First Time Went Great - Why?
    ... It's great you had fun. ... Even safes: I cracked my father's BUSINESS safe ... You cannot shoot BETTER than the gun, but most any modern firearm ...
    (rec.guns)