Re: Chrome-Fedora People

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 11:12 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

That worked for me, but when I try to view video it claims that Flash is
not installed, which it is (64-bit Adobe version). There doesn't appear
to be a way to configure this.

Do all videos use Flash?

The ones on Google's own page do, e.g.
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html which is an overview
of Chrome features, just shows the text parts with a large box where the
video should be. In Firefox I can see it's a Flash video, though I use
NoScript to block Flash by default. (I doubt that Chromium has somehow
imported my NoScript add-on :-)

I looked at a couple of what I would call videos, and they seemed to work.
(This was 32-bit, without any plugins deliberately installed.)

I tried theora.org and blip.tv, both of which use Ogg/Theora. I couldn't
get any video on either of them, just large blank rectangles where
presumably the video should be.

poc