Re: Chrome-Fedora People

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 11:12 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

That worked for me, but when I try to view video it claims that Flash is
not installed, which it is (64-bit Adobe version). There doesn't appear
to be a way to configure this.

Do all videos use Flash?

The ones on Google's own page do, e.g.
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html which is an overview
of Chrome features, just shows the text parts with a large box where the
video should be. In Firefox I can see it's a Flash video, though I use
NoScript to block Flash by default. (I doubt that Chromium has somehow
imported my NoScript add-on :-)

I looked at a couple of what I would call videos, and they seemed to work.
(This was 32-bit, without any plugins deliberately installed.)

I tried theora.org and blip.tv, both of which use Ogg/Theora. I couldn't
get any video on either of them, just large blank rectangles where
presumably the video should be.

poc

  • Re: FC11 - flash plugin for Firefox
    ... Adobe flash 10 is this: if I play a video, and after it finishes, I do not ... I haven't had quite that level of problems--with Adobe 64-bit Flash, ... Linux development because of a perceived lack of desktop market ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Vexille
    ... if you have video on your site. ... Flash for nothing but the video? ... So we have a standard written by a bunch of techies who don't know much about people, which are broken, which aren't really applied the same in all browsers, which offer extremely limited ways of describing UIs. ... clients when they're being stupid. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Could flash memory replace DVD/Hard Drives if this pans out?
    ... the expected life of Flash, ... even though adobe themselves have killed it off. ... can't easily download the actual file. ... most video *was* flash because of the availability of tools to ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Anyone ever found a way to play Flash video without stutters?
    ... but I have a very long flash video which would be difficult to download ... doesn't rely on god awful software to play it (i.e. Flash or any Adobe ... be needed to play videos. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Embeded Video
    ... What is the best/most accessible format to use? ... If you give only one format choice on a page, modern flash flv/swf ... video activity, pay sites, and other special purpose ones may make one ... When there are updated versions of OSs, browsers, or players, issues ...
    (alt.html)