Re: Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote:

Is there an nvidia driver that allows suspend to
disk and does not experience extreme slowness?

More precisely, is there an nvidia driver
that does not experience extreme slowness?

I've had trouble getting flash to play right
either through firefox or through mplayer.
Most recently mplayer told me that my system was to slow.
It made suggestions that were scrolled
off the screen by many cpoies of
AO: [pulse] pa_stream_get_latency() failed: Connection terminated
AO: [pulse] pa_stream_write() failed: Connection terminated.4% 1312 0

I'm running a recent install of F11 on a 3 GHz
pentium 4 with hyperthreading, 4G of memory
and F11's video driver.
So far, it has not made me happy.
[hennebry@localhost Cache]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 24 17:16:21 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[hennebry@localhost Cache]$
The GEForce nvidia card and the 4G of memory are
not original equipment, but they predate F11.

--
Michael hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.

  • Your system is too slow
    ... On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote: ... disk and does not experience extreme slowness? ... [hennebry@localhost Cache]$ uname -a ... The glass is half empty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces
    ... On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote: ... Clicking on OK did not get rid of the toolbox. ... disk and does not experience extreme slowness? ... The glass is half empty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: radeon to nvidia to radeon produces pain
    ... Michael Hennebry wrote: ... Does this mean I have hardware acceleration at last? ... No matter how many frames per second I get out of the card, ... The glass is half empty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: radeon to nvidia to radeon produces pain
    ... Michael Hennebry wrote: ... After tremendous pain, I finally managed to install F13. ... do I have to get yet another video card? ... The glass is half empty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: wrong "audio" card found?
    ... Michael Hennebry wrote: ... device number assignments shown by listing them with the ... modprobe file till they came out right. ... The glass is half empty. ...
    (Fedora)