Re: Running a Script- and debugging.

2009/9/22 Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 10:52 -0400, Jim wrote:

FC11/KDE

I have a script to run for setting up a Samsung CLX3175FN, when I start
it it hangs. and doesn't say why , how can I find why it hangs ?

I'm running it from the terminal as root.

If it's a Shell script (you don't say) try running it as "sh -x
script.sh" or "sh -v script.sh".

poc

Thanks Patrick for yor responds.
Using the sh -x command shows me to where it stopped.
What app. in Linux could I use that would show the line # and have the Find
a line in it.
The Console does not have a "find" command in it.
Prefer a app. that is not a command line app.  I'm not very good at "vi" and
some of the others.

I haven't tried this yet, but you could give bashdb a try. Sounds very useful.

Name : bashdb
Arch : noarch
Version : 4.0_0.3
Release : 2.fc11