Re: Running a Script- and debugging.

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 12:02 -0400, Jim wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 10:52 -0400, Jim wrote:

FC11/KDE

I have a script to run for setting up a Samsung CLX3175FN, when I start
it it hangs. and doesn't say why , how can I find why it hangs ?

I'm running it from the terminal as root.

If it's a Shell script (you don't say) try running it as "sh -x
script.sh" or "sh -v script.sh".

poc

Thanks Patrick for yor responds.
Using the sh -x command shows me to where it stopped.
What app. in Linux could I use that would show the line # and have the
Find a line in it.
The Console does not have a "find" command in it.
Prefer a app. that is not a command line app. I'm not very good at "vi"
and some of the others.
----
kwrite has an option to show line numbers in the view menu.

I think that if you don't learn to use command line and the tools in the
command line like a vi or emacs, then you are handicapping yourself and
missing the power of UNIX/Linux.

Craig

believed to be clean.

  • Re: Running a Script- and debugging.
    ... how can I find why it hangs? ... Thanks Patrick for yor responds. ... Using the sh -x command shows me to where it stopped. ... Prefer a app. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Tk application hangs
    ... explicitly reached eof and it hangs? ... |>after running just one command. ... |>"List Packages" is supposed to list all available DarwinPorts packages ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Bonnie++ with 1024k stripe SW/RAID5 causes kernel to goto D-state
    ... It hangs unless I increase various parameters md/raid such as the stripe_cache_size etc.. ... USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND ... I use a RAID 5 with 1024k stripe which works fine with many optimizations, but if I just boot the system and run bonnie++ on it without applying the optimizations, it will hang in d-state. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: RH Cluster Suite installation
    ... On the first node everything seems to work in the right way: cman, ... Having a look on cman's init script, ... I also notices that it hangs also with the command "group_tool". ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice 3.2 Hangs on Save As (on 11.2)
    ... hangs on "Save As" command. ... OOo hangs, but after a couple minutes or two the file dialog gets ... i also found that if i delay saving the new document for a few minutes, ... bug reporting system and not planning to get into it at this time. ...
    (SuSE)