Re: Running a Script- and debugging.

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 12:02 -0400, Jim wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 10:52 -0400, Jim wrote:

FC11/KDE

I have a script to run for setting up a Samsung CLX3175FN, when I start
it it hangs. and doesn't say why , how can I find why it hangs ?

I'm running it from the terminal as root.

If it's a Shell script (you don't say) try running it as "sh -x
script.sh" or "sh -v script.sh".

poc

Thanks Patrick for yor responds.
Using the sh -x command shows me to where it stopped.
What app. in Linux could I use that would show the line # and have the
Find a line in it.
The Console does not have a "find" command in it.
Prefer a app. that is not a command line app. I'm not very good at "vi"
and some of the others.
----
kwrite has an option to show line numbers in the view menu.

I think that if you don't learn to use command line and the tools in the
command line like a vi or emacs, then you are handicapping yourself and
missing the power of UNIX/Linux.

Craig

believed to be clean.