Re: How do I change from a regular kernel to a PAE kernel ?

Il giorno mar, 29/09/2009 alle 20.23 -0700, Kam Leo ha scritto:

I'm surprised that Anaconda did not detect that your processor was an
i686 and automatically install the PAE kernel.

I was surprised too when I made upgrade from Fedora 9 (with only PAE
kernel) to Fedora 10 using preupgrade.
After the boot everytime I had an error message for package not found.

I understand trying and trying that anaconda boot with a kernel without
PAE, but preupgrade download only the PAE.
So no upgrade can start.

I solved it installing the right kernel on my fedora 9 and running
preupgrade. After that I removed the i586 kernel.

I hope it was solved on Fedora 11, because I will do the preupgrade also
from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11

Bye
Ambrogio

  • How to repair a botched Fedora Preupgrade
    ... How to upgrade fedora 14 to fedora 15 when preupgrade fails ... Downloading everything it needs, all of your package upgrades, kernel, ... on an fc15 system! ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: System lockup problem when adding more memory - FC5
    ... PAE is enabled in the kernel and this box has dual Pentium III ... > Not you, him, in saying that 4 GB was the max physical memory for a 32 bit ... My Fedora 5 install barfs. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How do I change from a regular kernel to a PAE kernel ?
    ... i686 and automatically install the PAE kernel. ... I was surprised too when I made upgrade from Fedora 9 (with only PAE ... but preupgrade download only the PAE. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: F12 -> F14 Preupgrade Issue
    ... It took half an hour for me to see my post in the gmane reader (on the fedora ... between the Preupgrade and your kernels: ... I see you appended to your working regular kernel lines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fedora 20 on i686 machine
    ... I installed today Fedora 20 on i686 machine. ... Is the PAE kernel for i686 the default one? ... something in the installation? ...
    (Fedora)