Gnome or KDE - why not ask?

I'd like to be asked during installation
if I want to use Gnome or KDE or some other environment.
Am I alone in this?
One has to go through a slightly tortuous path
to get KDE installed.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

  • Greetings / Newbie questions
    ... I am having a bit of trouble deciding which to use: Gnome or KDE. ... - Running Totem as Root (I've found that lots of things need to be done ... I have Installed Unreal Tournament 2004 for Linux. ... these current versions to be excellent in terms of ease of installation and ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • SuSE 9.1 Professional: KDE stops start after restart or reboot
    ... I just installed SuSE 9.1 Professional on an IBM Think Pad ... But having a problem about startup of KDE. ... Mode of the machine selected during installation: ... logged as root ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Best variant of Fedora for a Virtual Machine...?
    ... at the command line: obtaining terminal windows using KDE ... Konsole is the preferred terminal emulator in KDE. ... having tried to adopt the "Fedora ... You can have several different DE's coexisting on a single Fedora installation. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Wireless problem in Fedora13
    ... frustated with wireless not working in KDE. ... I can see it with iwlist wlan0 scan ... iwlagn: IntelWireless WiFi Link AGN driver for Linux, ... installed during the Fedora installation? ...
    (Fedora)
  • SuSE 9.1 - Experience to Date
    ... chipset, built-in ethernet port, IDE HDD on for data and SuSE, SATA HDD on ... Installation went 'like a dream', ... found my way to telling the system I wanted KDE and all was well. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)