Re: cups-config-daemon is obsolete

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 03:08 -0500, Rod Rook wrote:
Do you know what the above statement at boot time means?

Somehow you've ended up with a compatibility service getting left
enabled. It's meant to be disabled after upgrade or install.

Just 'chkconfig cups-config-daemon off' as root. Or don't -- the
message is harmless.

Tim.
*/

  • Re: Web vs. Desktop based systems
    ... provider with better privacy policy (perhaps Yahoo) also provides ... to other folder or reporting spam or changing the filter recipes. ... But how do you *really* know the important upgrade that keeps ... The alert-window doesn't exactly say *why* you need to install this ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Requesting some leniency on your piracy protection program ple
    ... If Windows is retail, not at all. ... You can reinstall, upgrade, move to a different computer all you want as long as it is only installed on one computer at a time. ... The things I do not get, is not being able to> install the same ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 10.6.7 Just works
    ... If you have the install disc just pop it in and do a reinstall. ... The recent upgrade to 10.6.7 brings a lot of problems with third part ... I have tried switching System Language, and even restarting the mac. ... Did anyone else run into a slow restart after the 10.6.7 update ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: upgrading xp to vista premium question
    ... Vista Upgrade. ... My understanding is that any type of installation of Vista will do the same ... would you end up with a Clean Install after an Upgrade? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Versions and Updates
    ... SuSE won't upgrade it via YOU for you. ... The same goes for KDE, Gnome, or any ... Gnome packages on their website. ... You're required to install lua from another website: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)