Re: unexpected logout

William Case wrote:
Hi Craig;

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 17:02 -0700, Craig White wrote:
On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 06:55 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
In addition, I had a power supply go wonky that ended up being the
culprit.
----
Is that a technical term (wonky)?

Wonky is an open ended technical term. It describes a piece of hardware
or software that does not act the way it used to, was expected to or
hoped for. Its use implies that the user has not yet looked into why
this may be happening, usually in the hope that someone else has already
done the research and found a solution. Wonkyness is usually announced
by the phrase "Oh sh*t!".

Here at our labs, the correct sequence of phrases that determine if an
item has acquired "wonkiness" are:

"Huh?"
"What the hell?"
"Goddamit!"
"She-e-e-t! Piece of junk!"

Occasionally, the phrase, "It's never done THAT before!" is injected
somewhere before the last phrase. One often sees steam coming from the
ears of the personnel who have been victimized by wonkiness. It is
highly recommended to stay out of their offices for at least 30 minutes
to permit a cool down. One may accelerate the cool down by
surreptitiously sneaking a beer into the victim's line of sight.

  • Re: unexpected logout
    ... Wonky is an open ended technical term. ... Occasionally, the phrase, "It's never done THAT before!" ... ears of the personnel who have been victimized by wonkiness. ... And you have, from previous encounters, a memory for the victims favorite ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: "I liked to about" - Rural speech
    ... >she and her family used the phrase "I liked to about" to introduce ... And then they lessen the act, ... That's not really evidence, it could just be an indication that the writer is making the same mistake as you are. ... "liked to about" gives 376 entries, and many of those appear to be a completely different construction. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: "I liked to about" - Rural speech
    ... she and her family used the phrase "I liked to about" to introduce ... I work in Kentucky and have since noticed other people from rural areas ... And then they lessen the act, ...
    (sci.lang)
  • "I liked to about" - Rural speech
    ... she and her family used the phrase "I liked to about" to introduce ... I work in Kentucky and have since noticed other people from rural areas ... And then they lessen the act, ... For more examples search google: ...
    (sci.lang)
  • "Liked to about" - Rural speech
    ... she and her family used the phrase "I liked to about" to introduce ... I work in Kentucky and have since noticed other people from rural areas ... And then they lessen the act, ... For more examples search google: ...
    (alt.usage.english)