Re: unexpected logout

On Wednesday November 11 2009 00:55:45 Ed Greshko wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 22:26 +0200, Dj YB wrote:
many times it happens to me that while working, suddenly the session
just end and I get the kde welcome screen.
I have tried to look for a way to understand what triggers this but
with no luck, I have no idea where to look, what file logs this kind
of events, how can I see what program/process caused the logout...?

Hint: ls /var/log/Xorg*

If it bombed out while you were idle, the usual suspect is a screen
saver (a buggy one, or one finding a bug in your graphics driver).

In addition, I had a power supply go wonky that ended up being the culprit.

well, i am pretty curtain my power supply is good, but say I want to be sure
as to what caused the logout, where can I see which process \ application
triggered it?

fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: