Re: unexpected logout

On Wednesday November 11 2009 00:55:45 Ed Greshko wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 22:26 +0200, Dj YB wrote:
many times it happens to me that while working, suddenly the session
just end and I get the kde welcome screen.
I have tried to look for a way to understand what triggers this but
with no luck, I have no idea where to look, what file logs this kind
of events, how can I see what program/process caused the logout...?

Hint: ls /var/log/Xorg*

If it bombed out while you were idle, the usual suspect is a screen
saver (a buggy one, or one finding a bug in your graphics driver).

In addition, I had a power supply go wonky that ended up being the culprit.

well, i am pretty curtain my power supply is good, but say I want to be sure
as to what caused the logout, where can I see which process \ application
triggered it?
thanks
YB.

  • Re: Removable media not found on KDE
    ... it triggers OpenOffice.org's splash screen and then reports that media:/sda1 does not exist. ... That's true, and specifically within the KDE environment, because as noted - in Gnome, it all seems fine. ... So I changed the name of the new profilerc and logged back out/ in again but still OOo is being invoked to open up the removable media. ... I decided to alter the medianotifierrc to default to #NothinAction just to see what would happen. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Removable media not found on KDE
    ... triggers OpenOffice.org's splash screen and then reports that media:/sda1 does not exist. ... Even though I created a basic user account to test this issue out under a vanilla KDE environment, KDE does not seem to have created those files for the "test" account. ... I have included the entire profilerc file including the original ooo-writer.desktop entry. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: unexpected logout
    ... just end and I get the kde welcome screen. ... I have tried to look for a way to understand what triggers this but ... with no luck, I have no idea where to look, what file logs this kind ... or one finding a bug in your graphics driver). ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Digital camera: =?UTF-8?Q?=22operation?= not supported by backend =?UTF-8?Q?device=22?=
    ... Ed Greshko writes: ... get the same problem under GNOME but it works just fine under KDE. ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale
    ... Ed Greshko wrote: ... Well KDE is using the same fonts as GNOME, so I wonder what problem you seeing. ...
    (Fedora)