Re: unexpected logout

Ed Greshko wrote:

Yes, it is due to the extension and the way it is treated by MIME....but
that's another story.....

What is normally recommended is that you run memtest86+. First you have
to install it as it isn't installed by default. Then, AFAIK, the best
way to run it is standalone. Meaning from boot. As an example, I have
the following in my /boot/grub.conf file.

title Memtest86+
root (hd0,0)
kernel /memtest86+-2.11 ro root=/dev/mapper/vg_f11-lv_root rhgb quiet

Also, I have

timeout=8
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu

to ensure I can get to select what I want.... :-)

Since the problem is intermittent, you should leave it running for an
extended period.

Ed

The other option I forgot to mention is to download the bootable CD
image from http://www.memtest86.com/ and boot from the CD that you burn.

--
Vermouth always makes me brilliant unless it makes me idiotic. -- E.F.
Benson Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7

  • Re: unexpected logout
    ... What is normally recommended is that you run memtest86+. ... to install it as it isn't installed by default. ... image from http://www.memtest86.com/ and boot from the CD that you burn. ... Usually to confirm that your memory modules are working fine its ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: unexpected logout
    ... What is normally recommended is that you run memtest86+. ... to install it as it isn't installed by default. ... Meaning from boot. ... boot options menu. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: crc error with SuSE 9.1 LifeCD
    ... > (memtest86 finds no error). ... > Something similar happens when I try to boot from the Fedora Core 2 ... > Install CD: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
    ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)