one or more disks failling

Hi,

I got a disk health warning from palimpsest disk utility "one or more
disks failling". It showed this disk has a bad sector. How can I check
what partion is the sector located?
or any fix?

best

  • Re: SortMerge avoids thrashing (was: Baileys "two pass" FFT algorithm question)
    ... of size that match the backing store to assure locality of reference. ... For RAM backed by disk, the key thing which takes the most time is ... you need to localize sector reads within that one ... Sweeps your RAM once when you load original data from disk. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: XP Pro Recovery Errors
    ... it turns out that the boot sector, sector 0, of my HDD failed to "read, write, or remove write-protection." ... Hard drives, when they have a problem with a sector, mark it as "pending". ... So if you do something to write to the disk, and write sector zero, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FUD about CGD and GBDE
    ... > a sector that has been rewritten. ... zone, otherwise it would expose the remaining sectors is the zone. ... contents and regular data written to the disk by the user. ... > possible to determine this fairly quickly using traffic analysis. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: replacing directory with "last good" on Windows XP non-boot data harddisk
    ... When a physical sector of the disk is read by an ... application and a sector is ... then Windows logs Event ID 11." ... I downloaded, but not installed yet, SeaTools For Windows and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hard Drive Issues
    ... I'm assuming that particular sector on the drive is dying, ... Looks like you disk is on its way out, from the look of the above ... bsdlabel and newfs the new disk the way you want it. ... Ignore all the stuff above where it displays the partition information. ...
    (freebsd-questions)