Re: reboot cycle, no log messages

In case someone searching for something finds this thread (or I find myself forgetting things I've done again) and the following information helps:

I ended up filing a bug, and in the process thought of checking a few more combinations. Checking those led me to discover I had /dev/sda (n) and /dev/sdb(n) reversed on the partitions/file systems that were actually causing complaints. Specifically, it was not the LVM partitions giving me the problems, that was just where the messages were making it to the screen. It was me trying to mount /dev/sdb4 instead of /dev/sda4 (or was it the other way around?) in /etc/ fstab . (who'da thunk? especiallly with the zero-length partition thing 8-p)

(I left the bug there because the error messages could be improved, but my problems are solved.)