Re: mailing list losing mail?

Martin Airs wrote:
On 01/08/2010 05:11 PM, Mike Wright wrote:

Hi all,

This list is getting more messed up by the day.

Several weeks ago mail started lagging 10-25 minutes. Now mail is
disappearing.

I sent a post to this list yesterday @ 22:44 UTC. My server shows that
it was accepted and queued for delivery. It never showed up on the list
(I've checked to make sure it didn't accidentally get caught in a spam
filter.) Oddly, it did show up in the gmane archives.

So, I reposted that email this morning @ 16:32 UTC and once again it
never appeared but did show up in gmane almost immediately.

UPDATE: I just received a copy of my post 31 minutes after sending it.

How can my mail make it into gmane's archives almost immediately but
take more than half an hour to appear on fedora-list? These delays
certainly (imo) take a lot of the usefulness away from this forum.
Starting to remind me of snail mail conversations :/

My 0.02,
Mike Wright

Your lucky, I've never received my own posts to the list, even tho I
have selected it in the settings

That, I believe, is a known issue with using a gmail account for
lists.... I think you can search the archives and find the solution for
it...

--
I selected E5 ... but I didn't hear "Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs"!
Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7

  • mailing list losing mail?
    ... Several weeks ago mail started lagging 10-25 minutes. ... Now mail is disappearing. ... It never showed up on the list Oddly, it did show up in the gmane archives. ... I reposted that email this morning @ 16:32 UTC and once again it never appeared but did show up in gmane almost immediately. ...
    (Fedora)
  • =?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20mailing=20list=20losing=20mail=3F?=
    ... I sent an e-mail about not activating LAN Cards after reboots, but only one response has come. ... I sent a post to this list yesterday @ 22:44 UTC. ... it did show up in the gmane archives. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: mailing list losing mail?
    ... disappearing. ... I sent a post to this list yesterday @ 22:44 UTC. ... it did show up in the gmane archives. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Programming alert to (insult deleted)
    ... Google's archives. ... I'm getting tired of having to keep reposting them. ... It isn't just yours that are disappearing. ... Google has no motive. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)