Re: Update error (yum.Errors.Repo.Error)

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:03 AM, vinny <vonelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hello,
I could not get my update because of this error that keeps on popping up
it suggested to report it but I don't now how. Any suggestion or
direction if need to be reported is greatly appreciate. Vinny

Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>
Error Value: Error getting repository data for installed, repository not
found
 File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in
<module>
   main()
 File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3122, in
main
   backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])
 File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line
699, in dispatcher
   self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])
 File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line
657, in dispatch_command
   self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids)
 File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in
update_packages
   signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg)
 File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in
_is_package_repo_signed
   repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
 File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in
getRepo
   'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $
(repoid)

Try "yum clean metadata" or "yum clean all". If neither works try
using different mirrors.

By the way, I'm not experiencing any difficulties with using yum for updates.

  • Update error (yum.Errors.Repo.Error)
    ... I could not get my update because of this error that keeps on popping up ... it suggested to report it but I don't now how. ... Error getting repository data for installed, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: now ~CT-infested -- Re: Q: For Sy Liebergot (Yeah, its new safe CT-free topic fo
    ... > OCRing the report as you have whining and mewling that no one will do ... if the need is deemed important enough then extra work will need ... recommend tasking the laziest person in the group to do it. ... have yet to see anyone here choose to BUILD upon the suggestion. ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: Change text report with tab delimiter file
    ... And suggestion change text report with tab delimiter file? ... Progress Database generate report will text format only. ... Set output field separator to TAB. ... for (ele in ax) { ...
    (comp.lang.awk)
  • Re: Winfixer
    ... I took on board one suggestion to get the ... It is suggested that you execute each tool in Normal Mode then in Safe ... Download Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool -- ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be ...
  • Re: Winfixer
    ... | I took on board one suggestion to get the latest version of Sun Java which I ... Download Adware-Virtumundo Removal Tool -- ... On Win9x/ME platforms the report will not be shown in your bowser ... It would be best to scan in both Safe Mode and in Normal Mode and save a copy of the HTML ...