Re: Can't ssh to machine after re0installing as F12

François Patte wrote:
Le 19/01/2010 13:13, Colin Paul Adams a écrit :
Hello,

today I upgraded (actually a fresh install, but I kept my old /home
partition) to Fedora 12.

Now I can't ssh to the machine (I use DSA public key authentication
only). I can't figure out why.

Disable Selinux

Don't you think it would be a good idea to first check the logs to
actually see if there is any selinux messages that could relate to the
problem?

FWIW, I think I'd ask the OP for more details. Like what is the actual
message you get when trying to ssh to the host? Or maybe even the
messages that may be in /var/log/secure.

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 51
    ... A sneak peek at Fedora 9 ... the machinations of the wicked." ... LVM & retroactively creating encrypted /home partition ... some people here do the default install of Fedora and it ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Help with a little dd damage!
    ... Partition 3 has different physical/logical beginnings: ... Feb 28 20:20:57 morgansmachine kernel: EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery. ... So, fingers firmly crossed, have I managed to copy enough of my hard drive with the first two commands to be able to patch back the catastrophic damage I seem to have done with the last command. ... "By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: M$ question [OFF TOPIC]
    ... I know this is a fedora group and ... Used partition to partition copy ... This works well however ghost does not recogize specific partition ... In addition to some of the other comments already, what is the bios ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 19, Issue 65
    ... in fedora core3 on 915 intel origenal motherboard how to install xmms patch? ... > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... ... I used Powerquest's Partition ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Id like to dual boot Fedora with Debian...
    ... I've got a backup of the important data from my Debian System. ... empty partition I think I can get it done without too much trouble. ... Will it be possible to install Fedora in that partition? ...
    (Fedora)