Blacklisting Nouveau

FC12-x86_64/KDE

How do you Blacklist nouveau ?

I have installed kmod-nvidia because nouveau is causing the mouse to
disappear
after bringing computer out of a power down after about a half an hour.
It is nouveau that is causing mouse to disappear, i have installed
nvidia before and it corrected the disappearing mouse problem.

But kmod-nvidia is trying to start at boot up but nouveau keeps loading
module.

I have in /etc/modprobe.d a "blacklist nouveau" but it's not preventing
the nouveau module from loading.
What else can I do to preventing it from loading?