Re: Using a USB external enclosure with a PATA hard drive ?
- From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:58:14 -0600
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Acomdata external hard drive enclosure with a PATA hard drive
set to Master.
I want to just be able to read and write to it as a storage drive, lsusb
sees the enclosure Acomdata but not the drive, what do I have to do to
read/write to the hard drive ??
Others may have better advice, but you can try unplugging the drive
then as root do "tail -f /var/log/messages" and plug the drive back
in. It may give you some hints as to what's going on.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Multimedia apps keep messing with my volume
- Next by Date: Re: Multimedia apps keep messing with my volume
- Previous by thread: Using a USB external enclosure with a PATA hard drive ?
- Next by thread: Re: Using a USB external enclosure with a PATA hard drive ?