No /sbin PATH after sudo in Fedora 12 even after the PATH is added in .bash_profile
- From: "Richard R. Cahilig" <r.cahilig@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:13:12 +0800
I have a problem with my fedora 12 box. There is no /sbin and /usr/sbin PATH
after using sudo. This is the output if I run the command echo $PATH.
I tried to add the /sbin and /usr/sbin PATH in .bash_profile but I still have
the same problem.
If I use the command su, and if I run the command echo $PATH, the /sbin and
the /usr/sbin is there.
I need to use sudo instead of su for security reasons and I don't want to type
the whole /sbin PATH if I will run some command from this /sbin. I don't know
what is the problem I'm having in my fedora 12 box, please advise. Looking
forward to your help. Sorry for my English.
Richard R. Cahilig
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: difference between /proc/cpuinfo and AMD product specs
- Next by Date: Re: javaws/netx: clearing cache
- Previous by thread: wireless network problems
- Next by thread: Re: No /sbin PATH after sudo in Fedora 12 even after the PATH is added in .bash_profile