Re: How do I use the drupal installed via yum?

On 5 February 2010 20:12, Dave Ihnat <dihnat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 05:01:18PM +0000, Gavin Simpson wrote:
Thanks. Yes, apache2. Not sure what you mean by the "sites available" directory.

In stock Apache, configuration information is in /etc/apache2.  Websites
are defined in httpd.conf fragments in a directory entitled
"sites-available"; sites that are used in the active configuration are
linked from files in sites-available in the directory "sites-enabled".
Sorry, right now I don't have a Fedora system up to check if they mucked
with the stock configuration.

I think this is a problem - you are wrong on so many levels.

To quote from config.layout in a vanilla tarball of Apache 2.2.14:

# Classical Apache path layout.
<Layout Apache>
prefix: /usr/local/apache2
sysconfdir: ${prefix}/conf
</Layout>

Configuration is therefore in /usr/local/apache2/conf

Only in Debian, is it ever in /etc/apache2/conf:

<Layout Debian>
prefix:
sysconfdir: ${prefix}/etc/apache2
</Layout>

As far as I also know, sites-available is also a Debianism... on a Red
Hat system, it is always in /etc/httpd/

In particular, the Drupal that is available through Fedora is
configured in /etc/httpd/conf.d/drupal.conf

--
Sam

  • Re: How do I use the drupal installed via yum?
    ... In stock Apache, configuration information is in /etc/apache2. ... right now I don't have a Fedora system up to check if they mucked ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Http Accept filters (accf_http)
    ... | stock Apache 2.2 (it's disabled in the default config files)? ... I think adding them to the apache is OK, ... into kernel configuration at my company... ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Http Accept filters (accf_http)
    ... | stock Apache 2.2 (it's disabled in the default config files)? ... I seem to recall I had problems trying to get Apache to run with accept filters turned on in a jail environment... ...
    (freebsd-current)