Moving LV To New Machine
- From: Dave Cross <davorg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:16:57 +0000
I'm in the process of moving data from an old machine to a new one.
Both machines are running Fedora 12.
There's rather a lot of data on the old machine and I'm reaching the
conclusion that rather than transfering it over the network I'll just
pull one of the disks out of the old machine, stick it in the new one
and copy the data.
But the disk in the old machine contains a logical volume. The LV
corresponds completely to the disk. i.e. all of the LV is on the disk
and the disk only contains this LV.
If I put the disk in the new machine, will the new machine just
recognise the LV on the disk? Or is there some more configuration I
need to do? Perhaps I can just copy over the relevant line from
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: DVD Deltaisos available for Fedora 12 -> Fedora Unity 20100202 12 (both i386 and x86_64)
- Next by Date: Re: question about partition mounted by hal
- Previous by thread: DVD Deltaisos available for Fedora 12 -> Fedora Unity 20100202 12 (both i386 and x86_64)
- Next by thread: Re: Moving LV To New Machine