Re: Moblin is dead, Fedora on netbooks?

On Monday 15 February 2010 09:36:57 pm Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
Perhaps the Ubuntu Netbook Remix would serve your needs.

Ubuntu also support ARM microprocessors, which these days are commonly
used for mobile phones, but which soon will also be used for netbooks.

The ARM architecture is vastly superior to x86 when power consumption
- or battery life - is an important consideration.

The Ubuntu ARM distribution is not yet really ready for use by the
typical end-user, but should be straightforward to install and use for
experienced Linux users. If you don't own an actual ARM
microprocessor, you can run it under QEMU, using the qemu-system-arm
command.

Don Quixote
You do realise that there is a fedora arm port right? I run it on my beagle
board and sheva plug. it runs nicely

Dennis