Re: Moblin is dead, Fedora on netbooks?

On Monday 15 February 2010 09:36:57 pm Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:
Perhaps the Ubuntu Netbook Remix would serve your needs.

Ubuntu also support ARM microprocessors, which these days are commonly
used for mobile phones, but which soon will also be used for netbooks.

The ARM architecture is vastly superior to x86 when power consumption
- or battery life - is an important consideration.

The Ubuntu ARM distribution is not yet really ready for use by the
typical end-user, but should be straightforward to install and use for
experienced Linux users. If you don't own an actual ARM
microprocessor, you can run it under QEMU, using the qemu-system-arm
command.

Don Quixote
You do realise that there is a fedora arm port right? I run it on my beagle
board and sheva plug. it runs nicely

Dennis

  • Re: Moblin is dead, Fedora on netbooks?
    ... Perhaps the Ubuntu Netbook Remix would serve your needs. ... Ubuntu also support ARM microprocessors, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: status information after ntpd -q
    ... just to be clear about how i compile the source code: ... when i try to compile it for my arm device: first of all: this code ... ALSO works on my Ubuntu PC, so it seems like the code seems not ... compiled for arm. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: UEFI Secure Boot planned to be implemented in Fedora 18
    ... What we should do is create a key that would allow Ubuntu to boot on ARM hardware (secure boot won't have the ability to be disabled on Windows 8 ARM devices). ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • (Reasonably compact) LISP on ARM?
    ... I'm playing about with moving stuff to an ARM powered server, ... the box has 512Mb of core, and currently runs Ubuntu 9.04. ... ARM, which surprised me slightly. ... worth playing with. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Why I ordered a raspberry PI
    ... The website says they have Ubuntu 12.10. ... [Ubuntu sets the governor there.) So you can do a lot with a single core Arm. ... Ubuntu 12.10 on arm comes with icewm. ... Arm is catching up on processor capability faster than Intel is catching up on low power. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)