Installing Fedora Core 12 on a system with a IT8212 SATA Controller
- From: Iain Davis <feaelin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:13:43 -0600
I have a machine whose only hard drive is a SATA 160GB (Western
Digital). The SATA controller is an ITE IT8212 (a raid controller, but
I'm not using that feature).
The OS on the machine is Windows XP, but I'll be wiping that out and
replacing it with Fedora 12 Core. However, when I boot from the Fedora
12 DVD and run the installer, I reach the point where you select the
language, U.S. English, click next and it pops up a micro-dialog
saying its searching for disk drives...which it sits on for a long
while. Then the dialog goes away...but it doesn't progress to the next
I'm currently assuming that it can't find the SATA drive, but I was
hoping for some help, since I'm not comfortable with how Fedora's
install process works.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Preupgrade
- Next by Date: general advice for rolling back yum updates?
- Previous by thread: Preupgrade
- Next by thread: Re: Installing Fedora Core 12 on a system with a IT8212 SATA Controller