partition customization ....how do I ???

Dear *,

I've facing one problem ( doing partitioning practice on 10GB IDE
hard-disk )

I'm trying to create following partition layout

*Partition*

*Size*

*Use*

*Comment*

hda1

100MB

/boot

Maintains boot files

hda2

500MB

swap

Probably plenty of space

hda3

5GB

/

The root directory

hda4

4500MB

Extended partition

Solely a container for logical partitions

hda5

500MB

/var

For print spool files

hda6

1000MB

/var/www

Web services

hda7

2000MB

/home

No interactive users

hda8

1000MB

/usr

Additional network services

I've done this on disk druid

licked on new ---> mount point */boot *filesystem type ext3 100MB (
fixed sized is selected ) and it becomes hda1

again licked on new ----> filesystem type Swap 500MB ( fixed sized is
selected ) and it becomes hda2 ...

now creating / ( root ) partition

again clicked on new ---> mount point */* filesystem type ext3 5000mb (
fixed sized is selected ) ... now something happens as soon as I press ok

the swap partition is sifted to hda3 (previously it was on hda2 ) and /
partition goes to hda2

if I go ahead with this and create other partition / goes to hda5

why like this ????

how do I exactly maintain the said order of the partition in exercise ??

--

°v°
/(_)\