partition customization do I ???

Dear *,

I've facing one problem ( doing partitioning practice on 10GB IDE
hard-disk )

I'm trying to create following partition layout

Maintains boot files

Probably plenty of space

The root directory

Extended partition

Solely a container for logical partitions

For print spool files

Web services

No interactive users

Additional network services

I've done this on disk druid

licked on new ---> mount point */boot *filesystem type ext3 100MB (
fixed sized is selected ) and it becomes hda1

again licked on new ----> filesystem type Swap 500MB ( fixed sized is
selected ) and it becomes hda2 ...

now creating / ( root ) partition

again clicked on new ---> mount point */* filesystem type ext3 5000mb (
fixed sized is selected ) ... now something happens as soon as I press ok

the swap partition is sifted to hda3 (previously it was on hda2 ) and /
partition goes to hda2

if I go ahead with this and create other partition / goes to hda5

why like this ????

how do I exactly maintain the said order of the partition in exercise ??

^ ^ Jatin Khatri

users mailing list

  • Re: questions about disk partitions
    ... > I was in need of some more hard disk space and so I figured I'd reclaim some ... > of the unused space in my rarely used XP partition. ... XP is located on hda1. ... delete hda2 ...
  • Re: writing to a partition
    ... Suppose the other partition turns out to be hda1, ... one action to prove that the boot really did get to hda1 and do something. ... simulate a Linux kernel ...
  • Re: Finally getting rid of Windows (almost)
    ... into its own partition (here, I expect, hda2) is that some BIOSs have ... You could, of course, delete hda1, create a new hda1 that duplicates ... I have the kernel-module-ntfs installed but when I try to mount the ...
  • resize a bad patch out of a partition?
    ... I have a partition with a problem history and a strategy (to resize ... It's a FAT32 partition in hda1 used by linux and windows on a dual ... disk and though currently inside hda1, ... (LBA) ...
  • writing to a partition
    ... I would like to partition a HD so that there is a Linux partition and ... Suppose the other partition turns out to be hda1, ... I think the solution is to mount /dev/hda1 from the Linux partition ... cat wtw> /dev/hda1 ...