partition customization ....how do I ???
- From: Jatin K <ssh.fedora@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:38:00 +0530
I've facing one problem ( doing partitioning practice on 10GB IDE
I'm trying to create following partition layout
Maintains boot files
Probably plenty of space
The root directory
Solely a container for logical partitions
For print spool files
No interactive users
Additional network services
I've done this on disk druid
licked on new ---> mount point */boot *filesystem type ext3 100MB (
fixed sized is selected ) and it becomes hda1
again licked on new ----> filesystem type Swap 500MB ( fixed sized is
selected ) and it becomes hda2 ...
now creating / ( root ) partition
again clicked on new ---> mount point */* filesystem type ext3 5000mb (
fixed sized is selected ) ... now something happens as soon as I press ok
the swap partition is sifted to hda3 (previously it was on hda2 ) and /
partition goes to hda2
if I go ahead with this and create other partition / goes to hda5
why like this ????
how do I exactly maintain the said order of the partition in exercise ??
^ ^ Jatin Khatri
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: FLV4 video - which codec do I need?
- Next by Date: Re: User to set CPU scaling?
- Previous by thread: Sound lockup if gdm pulseaudio enabled
- Next by thread: Re: partition customization ....how do I ???