Re: Disk error??
- From: Chris Smart <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:16:41 +1100
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
You probably want to use smartmontools to get a more detailed status of
the drive. If there are sectors that need to be reallocated, you can
I'm pretty sure that palimpset can provide more details too, as it
also uses SMART. Anyway, if palimpset says your drive has bad sectors,
then it's because the drive is telling it that it does. So I'd be
inclined to believe it. Back up your data and get a new drive ASAP.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: GoogleEarth segfault [SOLVED]
- Next by Date: F12-i386-DVD iso won't burn properly -- SOLVED
- Previous by thread: Re: Disk error??
- Next by thread: Re: Disk error??