Re: Problem with an external usb HD - slow usb

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 10:28 -0300, Luigi Castro Cardeles wrote:
2010/3/9 Roberto Ragusa <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Luigi Castro Cardeles wrote:
2010/3/9 Mikkel <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

slow speed
high speed
full speed

so:
low-speed - uhci
full-speed - ohci
high-speed - ehci

When the USB group created the 2.0 specifications it made
a good effort to confuse "good speed" (480Mbit/s) with
"awful speed" (12Mbit/s) devices, so to manage to sell
all the ancient stuff by putting a USB2.0 label on them.

This thread clearly demonstrates how successful they were.
:-(

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it

but using the same external hd on windows is faster then on linux...
at that point, i am trying to understand that :D
the device is: philips case sde3275fc/97
still struggling with that.

It's likely that the disk came with a special driver for Windows,
whereas the Linux version is using a generic driver. I'd guess the
answer is probably in the Windows driver code, but of course it will be
binary and proprietary so it's of no use to anyone.

poc

  • Re: Fedoras audience
    ... Today running in different boxes, F-18, F-19, F-20beta. ... Multibooting Debian Wheezy, F-19 and Windows 8.1. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Brother DCP-7065dn printer with Fedora 19
    ... So, now I'm wondering if you have tried to get the scanner working, too. ... I've installed the scanner driver and the brscan utility, ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: help with latest ATI catalyst driver on fedora 15
    ... But actually i installed again the driver from rpmfuion, ... download the source rpm from rpmfusion and install it ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Amazing Linux victory!
    ... with the ATI video that comes with it in Windows 7. ... it is a settings problem with the defaults settings of the driver. ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mouse movement jerky after plugging in external monitor
    ... Fedora Windows cross-compiler. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ... I have this symptom on my F17, logitech/usb, used to be fine.. ...
    (Fedora)