Re: [OT] Deafening silence

Distrowatch says that Red Hat 6 will be about 2 years late because
Fedora is too goddamned buggy. In which way will Fedora's bugs help
Red Hat succeed better than Canonical or Novell?

Red Hat 6 was released many many years ago 8)

If you mean a "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6" then nobody who knows anything
is going to give you an answer because it would be unlawful to do so in
the USA (and most countries) as it would involve material information
about un-announced products of a publically traded business.

The only people who may know if and when there would be a RHEL6 can't
tell you anything beyond what has been publically released by the
company.

Remember enterprise users generally hate new major releases due to the
cost hit they take in managing/testing/upgrading. These are people who
object to 'five years of support' as too short.

  • Re: Upgrade RHEL3 to RHEL4, upgrade or clean install?
    ... If you have an active Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription, ... Best Choice: Administrator-Guided Migration ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: RedHat, Fedora future?
    ... > better to implement the features of RHPW into RHL and package it as ... average consumer and it came as a complete surprise to me that Red Hat ... RedHat directly, with about the same level of support you got with RH9, ... installation should look to Red Hat Enterprise Linux. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Using Linux to Teach a Class.
    ... >> Fedora Core 1 sucks the big wazoo, ... > You tried to teach a software class using software you had never used ... > You seem to think Fedora is an Enterprise version of Red Hat Enterprise ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4?
    ... I have RHEL ver 3 and 4 i bought 3 and got the upgrade to four for free ... might think of it as a service pack maybe. ... Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: how to remove bind?
    ... I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and it comes with Bind 9.7.1. ... Red Hat produces Red Hat Enterprise Linux (currently ... When Red Hat released Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and its source code, ...
    (Ubuntu)