Re: latest kernel boots to a blank screen
- From: Michael Miles <mmamiga6@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:10:55 -0700
On 03/23/2010 10:57 PM, ka1ifq wrote:
"On 10:17:38 pm Michael Miles<mmamiga6@xxxxxxxxx> said"
Here is how I got the latest update in with 190.53 nvidia driverIf the system boots to a black screen, how do you run the add / remove
Install the driver from add remove software not yum
I have been following this because I too have a system doing this and wish to
Either boot a live cd or hold a key down while you boot to get to the
previous kernel to get your machine back.
When I did it I had NO choice but to wipe out the system, reinstall
Fedora 12 do not update but install the driver for Nvidia through the
Add remove software.
It will install kernel and kernel mod through the driver install.
Then update your system after you get the new kernel working with the
Add remove software and search Nvidia install driver and it will find
This is the only way I could get the system working
Or through yum using akmod nvidia not kmod
Do it through add remove software it is easier
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Evolution and GPG signing?
- Next by Date: Re: Evolution and GPG signing?
- Previous by thread: Re: latest kernel boots to a blank screen
- Next by thread: SD card insertion not detected in Core 12