Re: KDE desktop on fedora 12

2010/3/29 Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hiisi wrote:

2010/3/29 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 03/29/2010 03:45 PM, amit rp wrote:
How do i install KDE desktop on my fedora 12 i686?
I normally install KDE from the start...  However, I hear...

yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

works just fine...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but how do I remove KDE desktop on my
fedora 12 i686?

yum remove kdelibs

will probably get you pretty close to that goal.

groupremove fails, due to overlapping/shared components between kde and
(most) other desktops.

-- Rex

Bingo! yum remove kdelibs did the trick. Thank you, Rex.
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 95
    ... Regarding Fedora core 9 ... Re: Yum Error ... KDE 4.1 Desktop, folder view, panel and widget tips and ... Rawhide packages are NOT signed. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: KDE became a sort of sloth
    ... running a Fedora 20 since it was distributed without any trouble. ... Two days ago I have updated my system through yum and since then KDE is ... Have you tried to boot with an older kernel ...
    (Fedora)
  • KDE became a sort of sloth
    ... running a Fedora 20 since it was distributed without any trouble. ... Two days ago I have updated my system through yum and since then KDE is ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: newbie: 386/686pkgs. yum list pkg name. kde 3.3 on fc2? k3b.
    ... Am also attaching a txt file with the output of 'yum list'. ... I don't know (since I don't use KDE) if this functionality exists for KDE. ... name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages ... name=Fedora Core 2 NewRPMS.sunsite.dk ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: KDE became a sort of sloth
    ... running a Fedora 20 since it was distributed without any trouble. ... Two days ago I have updated my system through yum and since then KDE is ... Step 0 - Don't just tell the list there is a dependency issue for a downgrade. ...
    (Fedora)