Re: KDE desktop on fedora 12

2010/3/29 Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hiisi wrote:

2010/3/29 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 03/29/2010 03:45 PM, amit rp wrote:
How do i install KDE desktop on my fedora 12 i686?
I normally install KDE from the start...  However, I hear...

yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

works just fine...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but how do I remove KDE desktop on my
fedora 12 i686?

yum remove kdelibs

will probably get you pretty close to that goal.

groupremove fails, due to overlapping/shared components between kde and
(most) other desktops.

-- Rex

Bingo! yum remove kdelibs did the trick. Thank you, Rex.
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 95
    ... Regarding Fedora core 9 ... Re: Yum Error ... KDE 4.1 Desktop, folder view, panel and widget tips and ... Rawhide packages are NOT signed. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: newbie: 386/686pkgs. yum list pkg name. kde 3.3 on fc2? k3b.
    ... Am also attaching a txt file with the output of 'yum list'. ... I don't know (since I don't use KDE) if this functionality exists for KDE. ... name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages ... name=Fedora Core 2 NewRPMS.sunsite.dk ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: httpd / cgi-bin
    ... I had to yum remove ... gdm, since for runlevel 5, in would ... Then I yum groupinstalled kde, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Switch to KDE on Fedora 18
    ... As root, use yum to install ... KDE the way the message tells you to. ... My message also contained the response from yum, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] kde 3.4 oops
    ... >>The next question is why was the link removed during the upgrade? ... Joe has hit upon a couple of things here that corrects some problems ... with KDE 3.4 files. ... Registered Linux User #225206 ...
    (SuSE)