Re: Stable Fedora Releases

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 21:22 -0700, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
Currently I do a yum update check every other day, and find large
numbers of updates. Is there a reason why these cannot be collected
and set into weekly updates?

When there's a fix released for a problem, I want it available to me
straight away. I don't want to, *unnecessarily* wait a week before I
can use it.

While it's usual that most updates aren't critical, I've seen a few,
over the years, that were show-stoppers.

Delaying the update releases still won't avoid the problem where an
update is released, turns out to be a bad update, and another update
must be released to fix that prior. Those sort of accidents will still
happen, from time to time, but now you'll extend the problem from one
day to over a week.

I suppose I could just look for updates on a weekly basis, and that
would answer my own question.

That was the obvious answer. And you can automate it, too, if you like.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

  • Re: Michel Houellebecq amplifies Aristotle
    ... Possibly one reason I never heard ... I do not refer to the close relatives of any boor that I ... I do not share their sort of mentality, ... false education imposed by mendacious European scholarship. ...
    (rec.arts.books)
  • Re: Deconversion
    ... The obvious sort of thing (albeit rather unimaginative, ... specific claim about the nature) of God should look like. ... morality etc require some variety of theism for their justification. ... argument for limiting the capacity of human reason, ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: Chrissy was [snip]
    ... that sort of thing. ... So, based on that, I'd say that there's good reason to think that I'm ... it had something to do with gravitation, and from them to figure out ... who just yell at me and insult me when I say things that upset them. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Why should atheism be the default position?
    ... Now where are your arguments that the existence of any sort of "God" is ... I don't believe there are any arguments from atheists. ... The only "argument" needed is that when there is no reason to believe ...
    (uk.philosophy.atheism)
  • Re: "Victory for Christian registrar bullied for refusing to perform sinful g
    ... people (perhaps the majority, ... reason for being especially careful. ... requiring any sort of accommodation. ... Because I think the sense that democracy is 'right' actually has more to do ...
    (uk.religion.christian)