Re: dealing with states of drowsiness, FC12, netbook

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 13:16 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
On my desktop at home (with a USB keyboard), I have configured the
BIOS to wake on USB

On some computers, some of the ports are powered off when
suspended/hibernated/shutdown, while others are not. It may be hard
configured, BIOS configured, or have jumpers on the board. I had one
board that you changed jumpers around to determine which ports stayed
alive, when the computer was dormant. There were jumpers for the USB
ports, and one or two others (ethernet, and PS/2).

Without that configuration, the peripheral was dead when the computer
was dormant, so it wouldn't be possible to wake it up through the
peripheral (whatever it was, keyboard, mouse, something else...).

Just another thing for people to check for when diagnosing resuming.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

  • Re: dealing with states of drowsiness, FC12, netbook
    ... BIOS to wake on USB ... board that you changed jumpers around to determine which ports stayed ... There were jumpers for the USB ... Without that configuration, the peripheral was dead when the computer ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: WinCE50 USB Host driver problem on the platform SMDK2440?
    ... The 2410 has two USB ports and. ... configuration needed to be done with GPIO to get any of the USB ports ... We implemented our s3c2410 based platform similar to the dev board, ...
  • Re: USB wireless antenna
    ... Just wondered if I can use the front ports for my USB wireless antenna. ... That would seem to be a configuration that is unusual, ... it might pop up a window suggesting that the device would work ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: 2 out of 4 usb sockets work
    ... I am trying to understand a laptop with 4 USB ports, ... configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: AHCI - remove probing of ata2
    ... ACPI: bus type pci registered ... registered new interface driver hub ... USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0 ... hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected ...
    (Linux-Kernel)