Re: root passwd
- From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:24:23 -0430
On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 21:38 +0800, dhyang wrote:
在 2010-04-24六的 05:55 -0700，Lewis Jessup写道：
I just installed fedora core 12 and install excepts a password for
root but when trying to login it gives an
Have tried booting up using 'rescue installed system' going to shell:
run passwd, and change password, then reboot
but cannot login as root have no trouble loggin as user.
Lewis Jessup (have been using linus for awhile but I'm still a newbe)
you can't login as root by default, if use GUI.
Actually you can't log in as root by default when using Gnome. With
other desktops (e.g. KDE) you can.
Not that you should of course, it's a very bad idea. See much earlier
discussion on this list.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Ati Video adapter Auto detected
- Next by Date: Re: Ati Video adapter Auto detected
- Previous by thread: Re: root passwd
- Next by thread: Re: root passwd