Re: Preupgrade??

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:31:05AM -0700, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
On 04/26/2010 10:19 AM, Beartooth wrote:
Since it's late April, with F13 due next month, I presume that
preupgrade must working, or about to start working, no? But I've seen
precious few posts here about it -- and in view of the things ordinary
updates seem to've been breaking lately, I'm a little spooky.

Any word on it?

I used it once to upgrade a system and it worked fine. However, to make
it work I had to remove almost everything from /boot because the default
size of 200Mb is too small to work with preupgrade. If your /boot is
200Mb I would suggest upgrading via dvd rather than preupgrade.

Right, that's been a sort of painful transition, which is one reason
why preupgrade isn't as "official" as it should someday be.

Now Fedora by default installs a 500 MB /boot, which should be
sufficient for the foreseeable future. (Admittedly in free software,
things change rapidly so the horizon of "foreseeable" isn't as long as
you might find in crustier realms.) ;-)