Re: New boot failure

On Wednesday 28 April 2010, Rich Bishop wrote:
Assuming your running into the same problem as I am, the display doesn't
lock up until you log in. So you can boot to runlevel 5 and hit
CTRL-ALT-F2 and open up a root shell in that VT.

(I'm sure there is a way into grub too, but my machine is currently

Precisely Rich. I found a way into grub as it booted, just keep banging on
the e key as soon as the HP bios screen clears.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
But, for my own part, it was Greek to me.
-- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
users mailing list