Re: New boot failure
- From: Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:39:23 -0700
On Wednesday 28 April 2010 07:09 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 28 April 2010, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Gene Heskett<gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
My shiney new F13-beta 64 bit install on my HP dv5120u laptop is now
failing, losing all response to a plugged in mouse, the touch pad and
keyboard at about the time it draws the bottom bar on the screen, showing
only the 4 workspace icons and the trash can. No other buttons or menu
icons get drawn.
Same thing happened here.
Are you using f13-beta with compiz? There is a bug in xorg that locks
up the display and keyboard when using compiz. The fix is here:
or in short grab the relevent xorg files and do a "yum --localinstall"
yum --localinstall? yum has no such option there, used rpm -Uvh *.rpm after
wgetting the files.
I believe what he meant was "yum localinstall /path/to/rpm"
Open source is the future. It sets us free.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: New boot failure
- Next by Date: Epiphany slow to load some sites ?!? -- Repost
- Previous by thread: Re: New boot failure
- Next by thread: Re: New boot failure