Re: New boot failure

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 07:09 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 28 April 2010, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Gene Heskett<gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
My shiney new F13-beta 64 bit install on my HP dv5120u laptop is now
failing, losing all response to a plugged in mouse, the touch pad and
keyboard at about the time it draws the bottom bar on the screen, showing
only the 4 workspace icons and the trash can. No other buttons or menu
icons get drawn.

Same thing happened here.

Are you using f13-beta with compiz? There is a bug in xorg that locks
up the display and keyboard when using compiz. The fix is here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.testers/80940

or in short grab the relevent xorg files and do a "yum --localinstall"
of them.

yum --localinstall? yum has no such option there, used rpm -Uvh *.rpm after
wgetting the files.

I believe what he meant was "yum localinstall /path/to/rpm"

--
Suvayu