Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 07:38 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
On 05/02/2010 04:40 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Sat, 2010-05-01 at 19:37 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
Hi Pat,

I downloaded and installed This
hasn't solved the issue.

There's a number of running threads about the nVidia proprietary
drivers. [1]
Have you followed the installation instructions [2] to the latter?

- Gilboa

Yes Sir,

I even activated my onboard nvidia 8300 ( Asus M3N78-pro motherboard )
and the video and sound jumps around like crazy with it. I decided to
download a new kernel from "testing" and used it with the nvidia driver.
This did not solve the issue either. Once I switch the old geforce
6200LE everything falls into place.

I wouldn't have switched at if my daughter hadn't purchased a new game
which requires shading.

Which drivers are you using (version)?
$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version

The nvidia driver installation process I use is found right here...first

I printed it up and use it every time I reinstall the driver after a
kernel update.

No need to.
You could switch to using RPMFusion (link above).
If you install akmod-nvidia driver package, drivers get-auto-built every
time a new kernel boots.

users mailing list