Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video
- From: Gilboa Davara <gilboad@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 14:56:34 +0300
On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 07:38 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
On 05/02/2010 04:40 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Sat, 2010-05-01 at 19:37 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
I downloaded and installed NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.24-pkg2.run. This
hasn't solved the issue.
There's a number of running threads about the nVidia proprietary
Have you followed the installation instructions  to the latter?
I even activated my onboard nvidia 8300 ( Asus M3N78-pro motherboard )
and the video and sound jumps around like crazy with it. I decided to
download a new kernel from "testing" and used it with the nvidia driver.
This did not solve the issue either. Once I switch the old geforce
6200LE everything falls into place.
I wouldn't have switched at if my daughter hadn't purchased a new game
which requires shading.
Which drivers are you using (version)?
$ cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
The nvidia driver installation process I use is found right here...first
I printed it up and use it every time I reinstall the driver after a
No need to.
You could switch to using RPMFusion (link above).
If you install akmod-nvidia driver package, drivers get-auto-built every
time a new kernel boots.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video
- Next by Date: Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video
- Previous by thread: Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video
- Next by thread: Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video