Re: Sophos Anti Virus
- From: "jdow" <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 13:48:41 -0700
From: "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang.rupprecht@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, 2010/May/15 12:19
Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
And the million dollar question for all these people running anti-virus
software on their Linux box is: Have any of you ever had it catch a
intrusions, which might be useful for companies that hire junior adminsFrom reading the Sophos propaganda it sounds like it also helps discover
or give admin priveledges to users before they know what they are doing.
"Oh look at that shiny new screen saver. Must install as root."
As for viruses, I was surprised to hear that there were any. Wikipedia
lists ~50 linux viruses, worms and trojans. There is also a good
summary of linux vulnarabilities.
Finally, another adult!
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: How to enable KDE Netbook Plasma on Fedora 13?
- Next by Date: Re: Re: Sophos Anti Virus
- Previous by thread: Re: Sophos Anti Virus
- Next by thread: Re: Re: Sophos Anti Virus