Re: Can Windows and Linux co-exist?

Genes MailLists wrote:

LDAP itself is cross platform, but specific applications may or may not
be.

I wonder what exactly LDAP is being used for here - is it network
authentication perhaps ...

No.
I just use openLDAP for keeping an address book.
I'd like to have an address book on my Linux (CentOS) server
that I can use in kmail and Windows Outlook.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

  • RE: Wireless Security Notes and Findings (from this list and other places)
    ... There are two general areas of wireless security: Authentication and ... authentication standard that works with wireless networks. ... client computer runs a client program to connect to the network with a ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: IP address assignment problem
    ... I have a little problem and seek for ur thoughts, let's assume I'm in a very open environment where everyone can very easily try to get his/her laptop on the network and IP addresses are assigned by a DHCP server and we are in a domain environment, how do I prevent machines that are not part of our domain to be assigned an IP address? ... This approach doesn't stop your rogue clients from connecting to other clients, but merely doesn't give them the information they normally need to do so. ... Using 802.1x, your workstations authenticate through the switch to a radius server before they are allowed any connectivity. ... This authentication can use X.509 certificates, computer account credentials from AD, or whatever else you'd normally configure radius to authenticate with. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Kerberos machine authentication - apparent authentication failures
    ... When you joined your computer to the domain your wireless network card was ... denied access until you can authenticate to a domain controller as a user. ... While kerberos is the default authentication protocol of choice, ...
  • RE: 802.1x, Computers, Wired Security
    ... client to use EAP-TLS. ... Authentication-Provider = Windows ... Wired 802.1X Authentication failed. ... Network Adapter: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - Packet Scheduler ...
  • Re: IIS 6.0 and 401.2 and 401.1 Errors
    ... > authentication -- client and server first negotiate authentication that ... > So, if you see repeated 401.2 for the same resource from the same client, ... > authenticated connection and instead RENEGOTIATING a new connection. ... > You can easily verify this by installing "Network Monitor" from Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)