Re: ABRT is not reporting my bugs

Rahul Sundaram writes:

On 05/25/2010 03:43 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Rahul Sundaram writes:

On 05/24/2010 08:15 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Several times I had ABRT claim that my kernel oops report was
succesfully uploaded, yet I cannot find the bug reports in Bugzilla. I
have my Bugzilla login ID and password set in the bugzilla ABRT
plugin. I don't think my oops reports are going anywhere. Any
suggestions as to what might be broken.

It might be loading it to kerneloops.org instead

Although I understand that patching upstream content in Fedora is
avoided wherever necessary, I think that Fedora kernels have
sufficient amount of patching to make a good argument to send kernel
oopses to the Fedora bugzilla, to be vetted by the kernel maintainers,
before passing the oopses upstream.

Generally, upstream kernel developers don't have a problem with users
running Fedora kernel and filing bug reports directly upstream. The
case for oopses is similar. The number of oopses that are related to
Fedora specific patches are such a low number.

Ok. Oh, and I did poke around the plugin -- it is indeed sending the oopses to kerneloops. It's a bit misleading, since the fields I get to fill in, before submitting the report, are Bugzilla fields, leading me to believe that's where the oops is going.

  • Re: ABRT is not reporting my bugs
    ... yet I cannot find the bug reports in Bugzilla. ... Although I understand that patching upstream content in Fedora is ... oopses to the Fedora bugzilla, to be vetted by the kernel maintainers, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ABRT is not reporting my bugs
    ... yet I cannot find the bug reports in Bugzilla. ... Although I understand that patching upstream content in Fedora is avoided wherever necessary, I think that Fedora kernels have sufficient amount of patching to make a good argument to send kernel oopses to the Fedora bugzilla, to be vetted by the kernel maintainers, before passing the oopses upstream. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux 2.6.21
    ... We are already quite good at ignoring bug reports that come through ... and it's an _advantage_ of the kernel Bugzilla to see more ... my limited abilities as coder for some time now in the linux kernel, ... although you're trying to even come up with a proper fix ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: A proposal; making 2.6.20 a bugfix only version.
    ... recent kernel. ... The problem with this approach is what to do when the bug is still ... A positive example is e.g. sparc: davem doesn't use Bugzilla, ... We do already get more bug reports than we can handle. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Problem with the serial port in Fedora Core 6
    ... kernel or that LVM isn't compiled into the kernel but rather is a ... especially with regard to the serial ports. ... bugzilla the missing ttyS's, but bugzilla didn't like my password. ... But, I'll repeat myself AGAIN, I don't think udev has anything to do ...
    (Fedora)