Re: How does F13 work with nvidia hardware ?

On 05/26/2010 03:57 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
I run the proprietary, closed source nvidia driver in F12. What happens
when I upgrade to F13 ?

At first glance things work just fine for me on my laptop. The laptop has
a Quadro FX1500M chip.
However, when using GL apps things get a bit strange. mplayer -vo gl (or
-vo gl2) just wont work for me.
vlc runs and plays things but sometimes I have green lines popping up in the
movie here and there.

Still... It's a HUGE improvement from previous versions.

I still have to test my ID titles (Wolf, Quake, Doom) and then C&C Tiberium
wars and RA3 under wine ;) If it passes those tests, I'm sticking with the
Open Source drivers

--
Rikki. -- RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX Certified Administrator.
-- Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.

  • Re: CMOS Battery location
    ... BIOS password and I didn't even know what that was or even that it ... Unlike desktop computers where it is possible to reset BIOS passwords by removing the CMOS battery or setting a jumper on the motherboard, most laptops store their password on a flash ROM chip that retains the setting even when no power is being supplied to it. ... you can find people that are selling replacement password chips. ... These require you to remove the motherboard from the laptop, unsolder the existing chip, and solder in the new chip. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Linux-compatible laptop suggestions
    ... > My needs are changing and I need a laptop as an adjunct to my desktop Linux ... > a Linux-compatible modem since I'll be on the road more. ... The more important area of Linux ... built in chip has native Linux support. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: External monitor color problem
    ... A more permanent solution is to have the chip reflowed. ... I've attempted three nvidia chip reflows using equipment and temperature ... laptop completely useless. ... But the pinpoint accuracy required in soldering on today's notebooks is not comparable to that prior experience, ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Home Use Rework Station Recommendations?
    ... The project of the moment is a Laptop with video chip problems. ... If it's a common problem, then you can bet the thermal profile they used ... for the graphics. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • M1330 laptops nVidia chip overheating?
    ... My XPS M1330 laptop seems to have heat problems ... with its nVidia graphic chip. ... But then the laptop worked fine, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)