Re: How does F13 work with nvidia hardware ?

On 05/26/2010 03:57 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
I run the proprietary, closed source nvidia driver in F12. What happens
when I upgrade to F13 ?

At first glance things work just fine for me on my laptop. The laptop has
a Quadro FX1500M chip.
However, when using GL apps things get a bit strange. mplayer -vo gl (or
-vo gl2) just wont work for me.
vlc runs and plays things but sometimes I have green lines popping up in the
movie here and there.

Still... It's a HUGE improvement from previous versions.

I still have to test my ID titles (Wolf, Quake, Doom) and then C&C Tiberium
wars and RA3 under wine ;) If it passes those tests, I'm sticking with the
Open Source drivers

--
Rikki. -- RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX Certified Administrator.
-- Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.