Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On 05/28/2010 06:56 AM, g wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Someone took a conscious decision to remove the torrent link for what
seemed to them good reasons,

which is why i stated that users should bookmark pages and
are two pages they should have bookmarked, if they can not recall what
pages they are.

So, you are suggesting that existing users that are aware of
bookmark those pages, yes?

What about newcomers to Linux and Fedora? How would they determine they
should bookmark these pages?

Another "curious" thing I find about the Get Fedora page is the
existence of the "Activities" tab. That tab is the only place where I
could find the word "activities" or "activity". Everything under that
area uses the terminology "Spin". Is there a difference between an
"Activity" and a "Spin"? If so, what is the difference? If not, why
not just have a "Spin" tab? Seems to me it would be more consistent.

The good life was so elusive It really got me down I had to regain some
confidence So I got into camouflage 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

users mailing list

  • Re: Regarding Get Fedora page
    ... What about newcomers to Linux and Fedora? ... should bookmark these pages? ... That tab is the only place where I ... area uses the terminology "Spin". ...
  • Re: Bookmark with overwrite function?
    ... >> text length between the bookmark and the data replacing the bookmark. ... and separate the placeholder from that text with a tab character. ...
  • Re: Things we remember...
    ... I simply note the update days in the name I've given the bookmark. ... I think he's talking about "I use Firefox or Safari or the like, ... But these tab things, I ... djheydt at hotmail dot com ...
  • RE: tabbed interface using ajax : bookmarks and back-button
    ... most ajax toolkits have a browser history control you use for this. ... render bookmarks for each tab. ... navigate to the bookmark for that tab. ...
  • Re: bookmarks & fonts
    ... > as you indicated which leaves us beyond the tab & a scrambled doc". ... Why should the number of characters in ... And what does the length of the bookmark in inches ... >>> length of the text we are inserting. ...