Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

On 05/28/2010 06:56 AM, g wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Someone took a conscious decision to remove the torrent link for what
seemed to them good reasons,

which is why i stated that users should bookmark pages and
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/spins/
are two pages they should have bookmarked, if they can not recall what
pages they are.

So, you are suggesting that existing users that are aware of
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
bookmark those pages, yes?

What about newcomers to Linux and Fedora? How would they determine they
should bookmark these pages?

Another "curious" thing I find about the Get Fedora page is the
existence of the "Activities" tab. That tab is the only place where I
could find the word "activities" or "activity". Everything under that
area uses the terminology "Spin". Is there a difference between an
"Activity" and a "Spin"? If so, what is the difference? If not, why
not just have a "Spin" tab? Seems to me it would be more consistent.

--
The good life was so elusive It really got me down I had to regain some
confidence So I got into camouflage 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

  • Re: Regarding Get Fedora page
    ... What about newcomers to Linux and Fedora? ... should bookmark these pages? ... That tab is the only place where I ... area uses the terminology "Spin". ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Bookmark with overwrite function?
    ... >> text length between the bookmark and the data replacing the bookmark. ... and separate the placeholder from that text with a tab character. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Things we remember...
    ... I simply note the update days in the name I've given the bookmark. ... I think he's talking about "I use Firefox or Safari or the like, ... But these tab things, I ... djheydt at hotmail dot com ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • RE: tabbed interface using ajax : bookmarks and back-button
    ... most ajax toolkits have a browser history control you use for this. ... render bookmarks for each tab. ... navigate to the bookmark for that tab. ...
  • Re: bookmarks & fonts
    ... > as you indicated which leaves us beyond the tab & a scrambled doc". ... Why should the number of characters in ... And what does the length of the bookmark in inches ... >>> length of the text we are inserting. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.printingfonts)