Re: Converting flac to wav

Once upon a time, JD <jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> said:
On 08/08/2010 05:33 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, JD<jd1008@xxxxxxxxx> said:
I want to burn a bunch of flac files to a vanilla audio CD.
Is there a qualitative audio difference in the resulting wav file
if flac is decoded and encoded to wav by ffmpeg
or some other decoder/encoder?
FLAC is a lossless compression format, so there should be absolutely
zero difference between the output of any decoder. Think of FLAC like
ZIP and other general file compressors; any difference between input and
output is a bug.
So, it does not matter what decoder I use to convert to wav?
The resulting wav file will be the same?

That's correct.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>