Re: Xlib: extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display ":0.0".
- From: JD <jd1008@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:57:09 -0700
On 08/15/2010 01:38 PM, JD wrote:
On 08/14/2010 10:05 AM, JD wrote:
$ xset r rate 3 30I tracked down the original bug against xset bailing out with
Xlib: extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display ":0.0".
A patch was issued, but apparently never integrated, or
perhaps never accepted by the mainline devs.
Though I am still unable to get
xset r rate N M (where N=delay, M=rate)
to work, I decided to look at the defaults.
Do these default values look reasonable?
$ xset q
auto repeat: on key click percent: 0 LED mask: 00000000
auto repeat delay: 985 repeat rate: 111
auto repeating keys: 00ffffffdffffbbf
I never set the value of the autorepeating keys.
How are they being set like this by default?
As you can see the delay is almost a full second,
but in practice, it is more like 1.20 seconds.
If on your fedora xset r rate N M
works without giving you the error message,
could you please share your xorg.conf and the
version of these packages:
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
- Prev by Date: Re: sendmail: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: Unknown error .....
- Next by Date: Re: Thinkpad A22p/Improper Video on Install
- Previous by thread: Re: Xlib: extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display ":0.0".
- Next by thread: Evolution: get rid of Junk buttons?