Re: Introduction

Le mercredi 18 août 2010 01:56:17, suvayu ali a écrit :

If you like lightweight desktops, I would recommend XFCE or LXDE. I
use XFCE myself, it has all the conveniences of a modern desktop with
none of the intensive stuff. It comes with a very decent collection of
default apps too. :)

Thanks for the hint. I've been an XFCE fan for a few years, using it on my
low-specs machines since 3.x. But right now I just like the idea of a full-
blown desktop, where I can "Save as..." and directly SSH into a remote PC.
Dolphin is a real hit.

Cheers,

Niki

  • Re: A lot of problems with debian sid on a Notebook
    ... and do not want to even install new softwares. ... In second, you have desktops like XFCE and LXDE, which are more like ... I agree that nothing is as top-heavy as KDE 4 and GNOME 3. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2
    ... The first time I tried XFCE, the rat and the ugly font logo, the ... XFCE made me feel the poor Gnome2 brother, ... Then I tried LXDE. ... than GUI environment, but the trade off between the learning curve vs. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Goodbye GNOME, Hello XFCE
    ... I'm testing KDE4 again and you can't compare it to Xfce ... reading and tweaking to use it as a replacement for Xfce and LXDE. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Comparitive Desktop Environments
    ... Ok, I tried XFCE. ... I find it far superior to LXDE. ... am a late migrant from fvwm through XFCE to LXDE.) ... you do not want a XFCE spin.) ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: LXDE is an acceptable substitute for Gnome 2
    ... On my old hardware, ... I'm using the Gnome 3 fallback mode on F15, ... I suspect the same would be true of LXDE or XFCE. ...
    (Fedora)