Re: kernel crash

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:44:53 +1000
David <bouncingcats@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 18 August 2010 09:22, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If this line is for real:
 194 Temperature_Celsius     0x0022   116   253   000    Old_age
Always
 -       34

Then your drive is running hotter than boiling water and has been
close to melting point of solder. In spite of that the error count
is fine, but holding your hand an inch or so from the drive should
tell you if this is that hot.

Having rtfm, I think the values reported there are normalised values,
not degrees Celsius.

See
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki/FAQ#Whyismydisktemperaturesreportedbysmartdas150Celsius

and read 'man smartctl' under option -A

David, thanks for the link and yes, you are correct.

I have now modified my /etc/smartd.conf file and added -r 194 which
should make the temps get reported in raw format. ie degC.

/dev/sdb -a -d sat -H -r 194 -m root

sensors indicated the the CPU fan and the power supply rails are
monitored. Does anyone know if I can put something in smartd.conf to
get reports on them and if so what?

Thanks,
Steve
--
Changing lives one card at a time

http://www.send1cardnow.com

  • Re: Crucial USB Device
    ... "David" wrote in message ... > the disk is not formatted, when I go to format it reports that Windows ... I have uninstalled from device manager but ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Scholars and Theory of Science former Re: The Vinland Maps Ink
    ... No David, ... > In spite of her statements claiming to be a "scholar," she has no actual ... > to be mistakes, misunderstandings, lies, or just otherwise wrong. ...
    (sci.archaeology)
  • Re: Web Part fails after the last line of code.....
    ... the site is created and the only member is the actual user (not the ... very confusing ... > Hi David, ... > test each part to see which one reports the error. ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Re: email failure
    ... I'm sorry David, that you have neither heard of either courts, or mass demonstrations. ... kicked by the Sturmtruppenwith the batons and the courts belong to the ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Whole ASP Page not Served unless Enable Buffering is Off
    ... This may be no surprise when IE reports the length of one of my pages to be ... David ... so I reinstalled IIS and SP4. ... >> HTML ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)