Re: Question about Bluetooth

On 08/19/2010 03:51 PM, JD wrote:
Hi,
If I boot up while the usb bluetooth is plugged in,
I do not see the bluetooth icon on the bar (Gnome desktop).
But if I unplug it and replug it back in, the icon
appears and then I can use the laptop mouse pad
to click it and connect to the bluetooth mouse.

Is this the expected or normal behaviour?

try system->preferences->bluetooth good luck, ...

--
Jack Craig
Software Engineer

  • Re: Bluetooth failed after 10.3 -> 10.4
    ... That fixed it, archive and install didn't. ... I did however, have the Bluetooth pane. ... The Bluetooth icon is missing, and clicking on most of the menu bar ... I ran the Apple hardware test cd but as far as I can tell this does not ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Question about Bluetooth
    ... I do not see the bluetooth icon on the bar (Gnome desktop). ... But if I unplug it and replug it back in, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Bluetooth failed after 10.3 -> 10.4
    ... The Bluetooth icon is missing, and clicking on most of the menu bar ... I ran the Apple hardware test cd but as far as I can tell this does not ... I have reinstallled 10.4.3 twice, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • RE: Trying to get bluetooth icon back on system tray
    ... Check the box "Show the Bluetooth icon in the Notification Area" ... Trying to get bluetooth icon back on system tray ... >tools and computer management to restart the service from there and it was ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bkuetoot: Not Available
    ... it says "Bluetooth: ... The Bluetooth icon has vanished from the System Preferences window. ... But the iMac cannot find the wireless keyboard - it got part way ... So took it back to my Mac, reconnected it, disconnected it, and tried ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)