From: Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Aug 20, 2010 7:19 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Installing DD-WRT -

On 20/08/10 09:48, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 06:38:01 -0400,
John Aldrich<jmaldrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not really... however, it may be that the developers of DD-WRT never
dreamed anyone would want more than a handful of DHCP assignments, so the
They also have a commercial version and have limited some things (not
necessarily DHCP assignments) in order to be able to sell the other version.

functionality just isn't there. You might try hacking the code to create
your own version of DD-WRT and submitting it back to them, or find something
else, like your Fedora box, to do your DHCP assignments (just to help bring
this thread back on-topic.<Grin>)
If one wants to go that route, OpenWRT is probably a better choice.

I followed the OpenWRT until I got to the point where it asked me to
get the right version of the software to install. I got lost there,
searched for a while and gave up ...

I did not see nay place where there was an advanced version of
DD-WRT for sale? I'll have to look again. I would pay a reasonable
amount for it.

Bob

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 69
    ... Management Server ... To All EEEpc and Fedora Users, ... I re-burnt CD 2 to see if it was a glitch but the new disk also came up ... to the boot line while installing. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why no R in Fedora (was Statistical Package (like Minitab) for Linux)
    ... > The fedora rpm provided at the CRAN site contains very few add-on ... > packages would provide a large amount of functionality. ... > Users can easily install.packageson top of this more stuff from CRAN. ... > I always seem to end up installing a few packages eg. lineno, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Secrecy and user trust
    ... I want to install Fedora 9. ... If trust can be established from zero then it can happen ... trust the media you are installing from? ... and signed packages arrange to have the packages multiply signed so ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Crashing tips?
    ... First thing I did before installing Fedora was read the #fedora faq on ... > after installing FC1 on this computer, it ran very well, except that I ... > I wanted to blame it on yum, thinking it didn't happen until I set up ... > My primary goal in diagnosing this problem is not just to fix this one ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: installing Request Tracker 3.4.1 on FC3
    ... I set up RT for my business recently on FC3, ... Installing from source is your absolute best bet with Red Hat based ... - you'll need to upgrade MySQL since RT 3.4.1 requires MySQL 4+ ... I built MySQL from the Fedora devel RPMS, and it works, but I ...
    (Fedora)